CDM-VHS-BOX Pre-compressed Very High Stress bearings isolate buildings from vibration and structure-borne noise caused by trains or trams running nearby or underneath buildings, whilst keeping deflections on site very low.
- Can be designed to meet natural frequencies anywhere between 8Hz and 18Hz
- Easily replaceable
- Limits deflection of the building during construction
- Easy to install
- Lifespan greater than 50 years
- Easily adapted to meet different loads and performance requirements
- Steel parts are centrifugal hot dip galvanized / hot dip galvanized.
To design the CDM-VHS-BOX structural isolation bearings CDM’s engineers require the following information:
- Natural frequency requirement
- Working Dead and Live loads on each contact point
- Lateral and turning forces at each support point
- Contact areas and dimensions as well as locations of any fixings
- Fire protection requirements
- Seismic requirements