CDM-RHD is a Resilient Head Detail isolating the head connection of a dry or wet wall from the construction above whilst providing lateral restraint.
- Cost effective
- Quick and easy to install
- Can be designed to provide head restraint for any type of wall construction
- Can be designed not to compromise the natural frequency of the isolation strip supporting the base of the wall
- Can be used in combination with floating floors, wall isolation and isolated ceilings to create box-in-box constructions
- Steel parts are hot dip galvanized
- Holes that are at least twice the diameter of the fixings used to fix the top stud are required to allow the fixings to be installed without touching the stud and bridging the isolation
To design the CDM-RHD, CDM’s engineers will need the following information:
- The type of wall, ie. plasterboard or blockwork etc..
- The width of the wall
- If the top track of a plasterboard wall is fixed into the construction the spacing and diameter of the fixings