In this upmarket hotel, guests can still enjoy a good night’s rest thanks to the CDM-BOX-IN-BOX solution installed in the new hotel bar.
Hotel Damier is an historic upmarket hotel with an impressive guest list including George Bush, Margaret Thatcher, Eddy Merckx, Adamo and Sheryl Crow and is located in the “Grote Markt” in Courtray.
Because of a recent extension to the Damier, to provide space for a hotel bar, the acoustic consultant specified a CDM-BOX-IN-BOX system to prevent noise generated in the bar area from becoming a nuisance in other areas of the hotel.
The CDM-BOX-IN-BOX system comprised:
- CDM-FLOAT bespoke modular acoustic floating floor designed with an oversized void to accommodate the various building services ducts, pipes and cables – these also had to be isolated where they penetrated through the floating floor.
The benefits of this type of floor are:
- Quick and simple installation thereby minimising disruption to the building
- The floor can be designed to accommodate any working load and deflection and to accomodate any building services
- CDM-WH resilient wall ties used to isolate the secondary wall, which were supported off the CDM-FLOAT floor, from the supporting walls
- CDM-PHR resilient spring ceiling hangers were used to isolate the heavy suspended ceiling from the supporting structure.